A photo blog of pictures from India.

Friday, July 07, 2006

Tailor Bird Weaves a Nest

A Tailor start weaving a nest in the leaf of a potted plant. I followed its progress with a lot of curiosity.

Soon it became a proper nest, and even had a small egg in it. Try as I might it was too dark inside the nest and I could not capture the egg in a picture. I gave up, thinking I would try again, after all I go to office five days a week. So, today in the morning as I entered I looked for the nest, only to find that the particular leaf has vanished from the plant.

2 Comments:

Blogger Princess said...

Nest Sweet Nest. :)

6:37 AM

 
Blogger Mario Profaca said...

Hi!
Greetings from who-know-where-is-it Zagreb, Croatia!
Just thought you might like to see hawk's nest built at my balcony at 20th floor three years ago. Two squadrons of hawks have been born there on my balcony this so called 'wild birds' chosed for their home.
http://thumbsnap.com/v/SfNnDxpO.jpg
Obviously, there is no Empty Nest Sindrome here!

http://sokolskognijezdo.blogspot.com
(Unfortunately, only in Croatian language so far).

6:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home